Preparing for LASIK Surgery
Preparing for Laser Eye Surgery
We offer the following guidelines to help you have a positive laser surgery experience.
- Contact lenses must be removed prior to evaluation and surgery
- Remove soft contact lenses 10 days prior
- Remove hard or gas-permeable lenses at least 30 days prior
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Do not wear eye makeup, perfume, scented products, hairspray or earrings. They may cause laser malfunction.
- Plan to see your eye doctor one day after surgery and again within one week after surgery
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled surgery. Your surgeon will review the consent form with you and ensure all paperwork is complete. You will have the opportunity to ask any last-minute questions or address concerns at that time.
- You should plan to be in our surgery center for about two and a half hours.
- You will be asked to pay for treatment at the time of arrival. We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. If you have a flexible spending account with your employer, you will need to pay on the day of surgery and get reimbursed by your plan.