After Laser Surgery
- Please arrange for transportation home.
- Plan to rest at least two days following your procedure.
- While you may return to work within 2-3 days after surgery, please do not wear eye makeup for one week.
- Refrain from swimming, hot tubs, and contact sports for one month after surgery.
- Avoid eye rubbing at all times.
You will be given a post-operative care kit which includes:
- Sunglasses to help with any light sensitivit.
- Eye shields or goggles to wear at bedtime for the first week.
- Lubricating eye drops to use frequently as instructed by your surgeon.
- Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory eye drops to use for one week.
You will notice an immediate improvement in your vision; however, it is normal to experience some tearing, discomfort, burning, fluctuating vision and halos. These side effects typically decrease over the first 24 hours and are usually completely gone in the first 3-4 weeks after surgery.