- Provide a leadership role in quality assurance and implementation
- Reduce medical errors and improve patient safety by
- Decreasing regional variation through the implementation of a shared baseline for the management of various disease processes based on most recent evidence and current best practice
- Being intimately involved in the development and deployment of an electronic medical record
- Facilitating and emphasizing communication across a spectrum of environments and health care providers
- Provide outstanding education/mentoring to medical students and residents on principles of hospital based medicine
- Develop and implement quality improvement initiatives for the UC Davis Health System
- 24-hour per day availability for evaluation of admissions from emergency room as well as outside referrals of patients
- 24-hour per day in-house availability to address ongoing needs of our patients
- Immediate, easy access to our medical staff and primary care locations for hospital referrals
- Participate in both faculty-only services and traditional inpatient teaching medical-ward services
- Familiar and consistent approach to medical care
- Providing continuity of care for hospitalized patient as well as consistent communication to the patient's primary care provider
- Efficient, compassionate, high quality medical care
Hospitalist section team
Mithu Molla, M.D. - Section Chief
Anna Agarkova, M.D.
Paul Aronowitz, M.D.
Joanna Baginski, M.D.
Anthony Bhe, M.D.
Ru Cai, M.D.
Basil Chang, D.O.
Florence Chau-Etchepare, M.D.
Catherine Chia, M.D.
Wendy Chu, M.D.
Amisha Desai, M.D.
Raminder Gill, M.D.
Hershan Johl, M.D.
Karnjit Johl, M.D.
Pouria Kashkouli, M.D.
Elena Kret-Sudjian, M.D.
John (Jack) MacMillan, M.D.
Ranganathan Madhavan, M.D.
Janice Park, M.D.
Barr Petersen, M.D.
Voltaire Sinigayan, M.D.
Jia Wang, M.D.
J. Nicholas Welch, M.D.
Hospitalist Section Office Coordinator
Tel: (916) 734-7506
Fax: (916) 734-4810