- Provide a leadership role in quality assurance and implementation
- Reduce medical errors and improve patient safety by
- Decreasing regional variation through the implementation of a shared baseline for the management of various disease processes based on most recent evidence and current best practice
- Being intimately involved in the development and deployment of an electronic medical record
- Facilitating and emphasizing communication across a spectrum of environments and health care providers
- Provide outstanding education/mentoring to medical students and residents on principles of hospital based medicine
- Develop and implement quality improvement initiatives for the UC Davis Health System
- 24-hour per day availability for evaluation of admissions from emergency room as well as outside referrals of patients
- 24-hour per day in-house availability to address ongoing needs of our patients
- Immediate, easy access to our medical staff and primary care locations for hospital referrals
- Participate in both faculty-only services and traditional inpatient teaching medical-ward services
- Familiar and consistent approach to medical care
- Providing continuity of care for hospitalized patient as well as consistent communication to the patient's primary care provider
- Efficient, compassionate, high quality medical care
Hospitalist section team
John (Jack) MacMillan, M.D. - Section Chief
Murali Adusumalli, M.D.
Joanna Baginski, M.D.
Ru Cai, M.D.
Basil Chang, D.O.
Catherine Chia, M.D.
Wendy Chu, M.D.
Schonze Del Pozo, M.D.
Amisha Desai, M.D.
Raminder Gill, M.D.
Hershan Johl, M.D.
Karnjit Johl, M.D.
Pouria Kashkouli, M.D.
Elena Kret-Sudjian, M.D.
Mithu Molla, M.D.
Ranganathan Madhavan, M.D.
Janice Park, M.D.
Barr Petersen, M.D.
Navdeep Riar, M.D.
Voltaire Sinigayan, M.D.
Jia Wang, M.D.
J. Nicholas Welch, M.D.
Hospitalist Section Office Coordinator
Tel: (916) 734-7506
Fax: (916) 734-4810