Numerous ways to give
The number of methods to give to the Department of Internal Medicine is almost as numerous as the programs in need of your support. Your choice of a way to give depends on your life circumstances, your financial goals and your philanthropic interests. You can support the Department of Medicine through:
- Cash gifts: Cash gifts can be made by check, credit card or wire transfer
- Gifts of securities: Stocks, mutual funds and bonds can be donated.
- Gifts-in-kind: Many of our friends have donated tangible, personal property for educational purposes, silent or live auctions, and other special-event or patient-care needs.
- Gifts of real property: We accept real property, including land, residences, farms, and rental and commercial property.
- Matching gifts: Corporations can match their employees' donations dollar-for-dollar.
In addition to outright gifts of cash, securities or property, we welcome:
- Pledges: Donors may designate gifts to be paid over a term of up to five years, and may supplement pledges with matching gifts.
- Tribute gifts: Making a memorial gift is a loving and meaningful way to honor a deceased relative or dear friend.
- Planned gifts: Planned giving offers specific tax advantages or other financial benefits that may include lifetime income to a beneficiary or beneficiaries whom you designate. Planned giving methods include bequests, charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
We will be happy to explain the financial and tax implications of each of these methods, and we can work with your financial planner if you wish.