Next Cohort Starts: February 24, 2014
This formal, structured post-baccalaureate new graduate program is part of the University Health System Consortium (UHC)/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program™.
Through a series of learning and working experiences, the Nurse Residency Program will prepare new graduates in the successful transition from student to confident professional in their chosen career path of nursing.
- Requires all New Grad Nurses graduated from a BSN or MSN program accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NCNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing education (CCNE)
- Must have California RN License by program start date
- Must be first paid position as RN
To Submit Applications:
- Employment Website: healthsystem.ucdavis.edu/hr
- Search/Apply for Jobs Link
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS
- View Job Posting/Apply for Job
- Under RN / New Grads Job Categories – Find NEW GRAD NURSE RESIDENCY position
- Place in your Job Basket – Apply for Job in Basket to apply for position
For New Applicants, you will need to register (create) a new account (follow instructions on website).
REQUIRED MATERIALS for the application process, in order to be considered for the program:
- COMPLETE entire on-line APPLICATION
- COVER LETTER (Address Letter to: Nurse Recruitment)
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS of NURSE PROGRAM ONLY
(To submit Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts, you MUST submit as ONE DOCUMENT!)
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON RESUME:
- EDUCATION – School Name, Location of School, Type of Program, Month/Year Completed
- SENIOR PRECEPTORSHIP – Hospital Name, Department/Unit, Total Number of HOURS and Length of Time Frame (Month/Year Completed)
- CLINICAL ROTATIONS - Hospital Name, Department/Unit, Total Number of HOURS and Length of Time Frame (Month/Year Completed)
NOTE: DOCUMENT on resume any Internships, Externships, Volunteer, Leadership role, Community Services or Activities related to nursing that have contributed to your professional growth.
Example: List your "unpaid" Clinical Experiences
Type of Experience
Approximate Dates Total Hours Name of Hospital and/or Institution Name of Department or Department Description
March 2011 - May 2011 180 hours A Hospital Trauma ICU Clinical Rotation January 2011 - February 2011 110 hours B Hospital Med Surg Clinical Rotation December 2010 90 hours C Hospital PICU Clinical Rotation November 2010 90 hours D Hospital Labor & Delivery/Post-Partum Volunteer (after graduation) June 2011 - August 2011 200 hours XX Hospital PEDS
Mario Eguizabal, Nurse Residency Program Recruiter