Cross cultural competency
- To expand the understanding of diversity and its impact on the success of the UC Davis Health System
- To understand the broad range of groups and classification that compromise patient and staff diversity
- To examine the functional; difference and organizational benefits from implementing EEO/AA and diversity programs
- To analyze situations and solutions to: cross-cultural interactions within the multicultural health-care environment.
- Increase patient and customer satisfaction
- Increase efficiencies and productivity
- Reduce labor relations, risk management issues
- Comply with emerging trends in hospital accreditation requirements.
UC Davis Health System organization individual definition
- The ability of a health-care organization and its staff to understand and respond effectively to the cultural and linguistic needs brought by patients to the health-care encounter.
- Individual Definition - The ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations.