The Schwartz Center Rounds
Schwartz Rounds focus on human dimensions of caregiving. In a typical rounds session, a multidisciplinary panel of clinicians presents a patient case that raises important social or emotional issues. Following the brief panel presentations, audience members share from their own experiences, with thoughts and feelings related to the session’s topic. In contrast to traditional medical rounds, these sessions are not about clinical problem-solving, but rather about exploring and processing the emotions that come up for hospital staff in their work with patients.
This forum is open to All UC Davis Medical Center Employees, trainees, and other authorized personnel. Monthly meetings occur the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Cancer Center Auditorium – see future dates, times, and topics below.
- March 22, 2016 – Amputations and Disfigurement: Being witness to permanent Body Alterations
- April 26, 2016 – Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- May 24, 2016 – Struggles with Hierarchy
- June 28, 2016 – Difficult Families
- July 26, 2016 – Caring for abused children
- August 23, 2016 – A Patient’s Perspective
- September 27, 2016 – Caring for the Seeker, is it pain or Seeking
- October 25, 2016 – TBA
- November 22, 2016 – A Walk Down memory Lane