Welcome to Human Resources at UC Davis Health System
This site will provide you with information regarding human resources services, including job opportunities and how to apply for positions at UC Davis Health System.
We encourage your interest in the exciting and challenging field of health care. In addition to the intellectual and cultural advantages of being a member of the University of California community, and the distinction of being part of one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions in higher education, University of California offers its employees some of the most attractive employment packages and career opportunities available. In many instances, we offer benefits, services and opportunities that others can't match.
Human Resources Departments and Services
- Applicant Services is responsible for providing job information and assistance to the public and staff in search of employment.
- Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP) provides confidential, cost-free assessment, intervention, consultation and referral services to faculty, staff, and families.
- Wellness/Discounts provides information on discounts and opportunities for all employees, staff, faculty, retirees and students to create and maintain healthy and active lifestyles.
- Benefits provides benefit/insurance coverage counseling, acts as the employee liaison between UC Office of the President and various insurance carriers, provides benefits training, and processes premium payments.
- Compensation is charged with managing the wage and salary program and reviewing individual positions to ensure correct classification of staff. They also conduct salary surveys.
- Department of Administration administers the merit and recognition programs, coordination of the emergency loan program for employees, and the coordination of employee exit interviews.
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity ensures affirmative action compliance, provides sexual harassment education, resolves informal complaints, processes external agency complaints and provides mediation services.
- Employee and Labor Relations provides interpretation and administration of UC policies and labor contracts, provides information and assistance to employees, supervisors and managers on personnel matters.
- Employee Health Services provides assistance to employees with work-related illness or injuries; conducts pre-employment health physicals.
- Ergonomics provides workstation evaluations, training, and resources to departments and employees.
- Medical Illustration issues photo identification badges to all staff and faculty and provides photographic services to the UC Davis Health System.
- Nurse Recruitment coordinates the recruitment of registered and licensed nurses, medical assistants, emergency trauma techs, surgical techs, psychiatric techs and dialysis techs.
- Nurse Residency Program processes all the New Grad Nurses through a formal, structured post-baccalaureate program. Part of the University Health System Consortium (UHC)/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Nurse Residency Program.
- Records maintains comprehensive records in employee personnel files and in eHR, processes all employment transactions, provides eHR support; implements new functionality in eHR; maintains eHR infrastructure; monitors eHR data integrity and administers the service award program.
- Recruitment coordinates the recruitment of staff, coordinates lay offs and provides assistance to layoff candidates with employment opportunities and conducts employee selection training for managers/supervisors.
- Resident Program processes all resident/fellow personnel actions and is responsible for many personnel related activities.
- Training and Development provides training for staff and management as well as career counseling and other training related matters.
- Vocational Rehabilitation provides vocational rehabilitation consultative services to department managers/supervisors and employees, provides an independent vocational analysis of applicants for UC Retirement Plan disability income, and presents disability workshops upon request.
- Workers' Compensation provides assistance to supervisors, managers, and employees related to the workers' compensation process and UC Davis Health System workers' compensation program. Assist in the development of loss control and loss prevention programs at the health system.