UC Davis Hospice Events
BEING MORTAL: Medicine and What Matters in the End
Thursday, April 13, 2017
2825 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
JOIN US for a free screening and discussion of the PBS FRONTLINE film Being Mortal. Based on the best-selling book by Atul Gawande, MD, this documentary explores the hopes of patients and families facing terminal illness and their relationships with the physicians who treat them.
See the film and be part of a national conversation that brings medical professionals and community members together around the shared responsibility of discussing what matters most to patients and families facing difficult treatment decisions and how to have these conversations ahead of a medical crisis.
Presented by Yolo Hospice with support from UC Davis WorkLife and Wellness, UC Davis Hospice, and UC Davis Health ASAP.
Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 3:00-5:00 pm
MIND Institute, Auditorium 1115
2825 50th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
(parking permits are available at ticket dispenser)
Light Refreshments will be provided
Please RSVP HERE by April 3, first come/first serve
Please visit our Caregiver Education and Support Program Page for information on this and other events .
- Kathy Marty, LCSW, UC Davis Hospice
- Donald Lewis, LCSW, UC Davis Hospice
- Elisa Geraci, LCSW, UC Davis Hospice
- Susan Wilson, LCSW, UC Davis Hospice
- Rebeckah Long, MSW, UC Davis Hospice
- Melinda Baumbach, RN, UC Davis, Hospice
- Rachael Brooks, RN, UC Davis Hospice
- Lauren Aloisio, RN, UC Davis Hospice
- Kathleen Newman, RD, CSO, UC Davis Hospice
- Cynthia Galiano, Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern, ASAP
- Shiba Rahimi, Pre-Doctoral Psychology Intern, ASAP
- Silvia Molina, Gerontological Specialist, Yolo Hospice
- *Alison Kent – Graphics Recordings
**CEUs for Nurses will be offered