The UC Davis Health System Resident Medical Staff must fulfill certain responsibilities toward the University and the Accreditation Counsel for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) training programs. As delineated in the Essentials of Accredited Residencies, all members of the Resident Medical Staff are to have the opportunity to:
- develop a personal program of learning to foster continued professional growth with guidance from the teaching staff;
- participate in safe, effective and compassionate patient care, under supervision, commensurate with their level of advancement and responsibility;
- participate fully in the educational and scholarly activities of their program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising other residents and medical students;
- participate as appropriate in institutional programs and medical staff activities and adhere to established practices, procedures and policies of the institution;
- have appropriate representation on institutional committees and councils whose actions affect their education and/or patient care; and
- submit to the program director at least annually confidential written evaluations of faculty and of the educational experiences.
Resident physicians are granted a step-wise approach in their learning environment. ACGME delineates resident responsibilities (milestones) for patient care, progressive responsibility for patient management, and supervision of residents over the continuum of the program. The links below demonstrates the progression of milestones for each residency program and at each level of training.
Obstetrics and Gynecology