Gifts of Stock, Real Estate and Other Assets
Create your lasting legacy while supporting your passion
Many donors choose to give a gift through an appreciated asset, stock, real estate, securities, from a living trust, charitable remainder annuity trust, charitable lead trusts, life insurance and more. With the assistance of your personal financial adviser and our UC Davis staff, you can support your passion today or in the future.
- You can donate your real estate outright, place it in a trust or give it through your will. These methods will enable you to enjoy personal financial benefits while supporting our work in a meaningful way.
- Support the UC Davis Health System program of your choosing with a gift of stock. A stock portfolio is often among the most valuable assets you own — and one that can carry substantial capital gain or appreciation in value. With careful planning, you may be able to reduce taxes while supporting the programs that are important to you.
- Did you know that you can name UC Davis Health system as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy? Life insurance is an asset you may not think of donating to UC Davis Health System until you hear how powerful, practical and simple it can be.
- Do you have savings in retirement plan assets, such as an employee retirement plan, IRA or tax-sheltered annuity? Have you investigated the tax implications of leaving your retirement plan assets to your loved ones versus leaving them to charity? Would you like to make a difference at our organization in the future? If you answered yes to these questions, learn how you can gift your retirement plan assets and support UC Davis Health System.
- Request a free brochure to learn about the valuable programs here at UC Davis.
We encourage you to consult your personal financial advisor about making a gift. UC Davis staff are also available to discuss your personal financial situation in confidence and to respond to requests from attorneys, accountants and financial planners.