UC Davis Children’s Hospital
A passion for children’s health
UC Davis Children’s Hospital is a world-class pediatric hospital devoted to the health of babies, children and adolescents. Because we’re an academic medical center, we benefit from full-time physician staff, many of whom are members of the faculty of the UC Davis School of Medicine.
With more than 120 physicians in 33 pediatric subspecialties, UC Davis Children’s Hospital is the most comprehensive pediatric hospital in the Sacramento region, offering compassionate, family-centered care in a healing environment.
Whatever program you support at UC Davis Children’s Hospital, all matter a great deal to the futures of our youngest patients.
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides excellence in clinical care and promotes research into health problems facing infants, including those who are born very prematurely — at 37 weeks gestation or earlier — are very ill or require surgery, often to correct congenital anomalies.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) treats children with severe, life-threatening illnesses or who have suffered severe traumatic injuries. Later this year, we will open a new PICU, which will feature state-of-the-art equipment and care not available in our current configuration, including a dedicated recovery room for children who are recovering from heart surgery and a pediatric heart-lung machine.
- The Pediatric Heart Center offers an integrated team of specialists to provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures for infants, children and adolescents with congenital as well as acquired heart defects.
- Many donors like to support the Children’s Hospital with gifts-in-kind. The Child Life Program accepts donations of toys, blankets and books to help make a child’s stay in the hospital easier. There’s even a “wish list ” of items that can be donated to brighten a child’s day.
- Would you like to host or participate in an event to benefit the UC Davis Children’s Hospital? Please see our information on third-party fundraising (PDF). Children’s Miracle Network also provides support to the Children’s Hospital by hosting a variety of special events each year.