Network Main Office
The UC Davis Network of Affiliated Family Medicine Residency programs is made up of seven diverse residency training programs. These programs are focused for anyone interested in the practice of Family Medicine in a rural, urban, underserved, suburban, academic teaching or military practice. Located in Northern California, these seven Network program sites span from the near San Francisco Bay area communities in the west, to the rural north valley/mountains near the Oregon border, to the metropolitan state capitol in the middle and the central San Joaquin valley agricultural communities to the south. Each program is within driving distance to San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean, Napa Valley wine country, the Sierra Nevada Mountains including Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park.
The UC Davis School of Medicine and Health System, with a long tradition of excellence in primary care, sponsors the Network and houses one of its seven programs.
Network activities include:
- Annual Education Conference open to all 200 plus residents in the Network.
- Bi-annual Advanced Life Support for Obstetrics (ALSO) three-day training program required of all Network residents.
- Annual student dinner and awards event for area medical students.
- Resident-led promotional event at AAFP convention in Kansas City,
- Chief resident forum for educational and leadership growth opportunities.
- Centralized location for scheduling medical student residency interviews at one or more of the affiliated Network programs.
- Monthly Program Director meetings in Sacramento to share residency training best practices.
- UC Davis Volunteer Clinical Faculty appointments and promotions for long-term committed teaching in the residency program sites.
If you have any questions, you may contact Arshna Sharma, Network Coordinator, at (916) 734-2860 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.