Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are your minimum score requirements?
There are no minimum score requirements. Each application is reviewed in full.
2. Do you accept IMGs in your program?
Yes, we accept IMGs.
3. Are there IMGs working in your program?
Yes, the Network welcomes IMGs to our programs and currently we have over 40 IMGs working with our six programs.
4. Is preference given to Green Card holders?
No preference is given to anyone for any reason. All applications are screened based on merit.
5. Is US experience mandatory for the program?
This requirement varies by program. Please see each individual program's requirements at our website. As an example, UC Davis requires a minimum of 4 weeks of clinical inpatient experience in the United States before they will consider an application. Observerships count toward this requirement. Consult the requirements of the particular program you are interested in by consulting their websites from our Network portal: http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/fpnetwork/.
6. Does your program accept D.O.s?
Yes, our program accepts D.O's.
7. Are both the USMLE and COMLEX needed for D.O. students?
No. One or the other is acceptable. If you feel that taking the USMLE will be of benefit to you, then you are certainly within your right to take it. However, we have several D.O. students that have only taken the COMLEX.
8. Where can I get a listing of where your residents attended medical school?
Please take a look at our website for information pertaining to our current residents.
9. When does your program conduct interviews?
The interview season runs from November through January with different end dates for each of the Nework Programs. Please take a look at each program's interview season specifics by visiting our website.
10. Can my application be considered if I graduated more than five years before I apply?
No. Your graduation year must be within five years of your application date in order to be considered for any of our programs.
Further information can be obtained at the following websites: