Prospective Employer Guidelines
This page is provided as a service of the University of California Davis, FNP/PA Program, which assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the contents. The most recent employment opportunities are listed at the end. This site is updated monthly, and postings will be deleted after two (2) months. If you are interested in posting a position, please submit the following information E-mail to email@example.com and include "Job Postings" in the subject line.
- Practice / Location
- Job Details (keep it brief!)
- Contact Info (phone and/or e-mail)
Family, Adult or Geriatric Physician's Assistant (PA) for part time position with a fast paced family practice in Grass Valley. Candidates with 1 year of experience, National Certification and DEA number needed. New graduates encouraged to apply too. Must be a team player with excellent communication skills, compassion for patient care and flexible.
Position is available immediately.
Please attach current CV with all e-mail correspondence and send to:
Location: Grass ValleyCompensation: DOE
Location: Grass ValleyCompensation: DOE
This is a part-time firstname.lastname@example.org
Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist seeks Clinician to associate for a growing practice. Folsom and Mid-Town Sacramento locations.
Job Description of Psychiatrist:
Psychiatrists are the primary caregivers in the area of mental health. They assess and treat mental illnesses through a combination of psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hospitalization and medication. They diagnose mental illnesses and prescribe and administer treatment for people suffering from injury or disease.
Psychiatrists talk with patients to learn about their mental health problems. They may also use information provided by patients’ families or by other mental health workers. They are trained to recognize the connection between mental and physical disorders, so they may order laboratory or other diagnostic tests.
Job Tasks for Clinician:
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test finding to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
Work Activities for Clinician:
- Getting Information—Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Collect clinical data
- Obtain information from clients, customers or patients
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems—Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Make decisions
- Documenting/Recording Information—Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Record medical history or data
- Document medical prognosis
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates—Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others—Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Judging the Quality of Things, Services, or People—Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Conduct patient assessments
PA’s, NP’s and new doctors welcome to apply.
Please respond with a current resume, cover letter stating interest and experience in position and salary expectations to Claudia Coffey email address: email@example.com .
Busy cardiovascular Practice in Las Vegas, Nevada, in need of a full time PA. The right candidate should be fluent in Spanish, be able to multi-task, be a hard worker and have a positive attitude. PA should have Internal Medicine background and previous Cardiology exposure. Compensation based on experience, training and language skills. Please email your resume to Tatiana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Lucas Pediatric Clinic/Sacramento, CA
- Seeking to hire a Physician Assistant for a thriving Pediatric Clinic (newborn to 18 yrs.). Duties many include, but not limited to, seeing urgent same day appointments and well child exams. Ideal candidate should be bilingual – Spanish Speaking, have knowledge of Pediatric Care, be flexible with a good attitude in a fast pace environment. Applicant must also be comfortable with Electronic Medical Records. Applicant must be Nationally Certified and eligible for a California License.
- Salary Negotiable/DOE
- For more information about this posting, please contact our Office Manager Celia Cortez by email email@example.com or by phone (916) 575-9090
Our patients are primarily Medicare recipients who appreciate the care that we provide.
• Ensure proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery consistent with current medical practice.
• Perform physical examinations, evaluations and assessments of patients with complex medical conditions.
• Order appropriate diagnostic tests, labs, radiology durable medical equipment
• Communicate effectively with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers, and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment.
• Make specific interventions based on evidence.
• Actively promote preventative care and early intervention.
• Perform minor surgical procedures (i.e. debridements, etc.) when required (rare).
• Actively listening to patients, and address their needs.
• Comprehensive medication review, assess and teach drug interactions.
• Write/order prescriptions as needed and allowed by law.
• Complete all required documentation for each patient. Document accurately results of examinations, treatment plans, phone calls, lab and x-ray results in patient chart/note.
• Sign all care plans, discharge orders, nursing orders, medical equipment orders and other necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
• Ability to effectively communicate with Physicians, clinicians, family members and others involved in providing care and services to the patient.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Current California FNP or PA license
• Carry medical malpractice insurance
• Possession of DEA number.
An orthopedic group in Los Angeles, CA is looking to add a Physician Assistant due to growth. PA-C will directly support two physicians who focus on Sports Medicine and Total Joints. Time will be split 20/80 between OR and Clinic, with four full days in Clinic and one full day in the OR. Average clinic load of 20-25 patients/day. 1:4 ER call, option for PA-C to pick up additional after hours first assist at an extremely high rate of compensation. Highly autonomous Clinic position which will allow for PA-C to grow patient load and achieve significant production bonuses. PA-C will be responsible for H+P's, pre and post op, referring to Physical Therapy, and prescribing medication. PA-C not responsible for office injections. Ideal candidate will have experience in Orthopedics, but exemplary new grads with Ortho rotations will also be considered. Generous base, salary, benefits, CME, and production bonus. Additionally, we are working on 40+ other PA-C positions across the country in a variety of surgical and non-surgical specialties.
New Posting 1/15/2013
An orthopedic group in Los Angeles, CA is looking to add a Physician Assistant due to growth. PA-C will directly support two physicians who focus on Sports Medicine and Total Joints. Time will be split 20/80 between OR and Clinic, with four full days in Clinic and one full day in the OR. Average clinic load of 20-25 patients/day. 1:4 ER call, option for PA-C to pick up additional after hours first assist at an extremely high rate of compensation. Highly autonomous Clinic position which will allow for PA-C to grow patient load and achieve significant production bonuses. PA-C will be responsible for H+P's, pre and post op, referring to Physical Therapy, and prescribing medication. PA-C not responsible for office injections. Ideal candidate will have experience in Orthopedics, but exemplary new grads with Ortho rotations will also be considered. Generous base, salary, benefits, CME, and production bonus.
Additionally, we are working on 40+ other PA-C positions across the country in a variety of surgical and non-surgical specialties.
Shoulder and Knee Surgery
Santa Rosa, California
Single practitioner, looking to replace PA relocating, for busy practice consisting of one Orthopaedic Surgeon, two PA’s and one RN. PA’s rotate between 2-3 surgical days with surgeon and 3 clinical days per week. Average clinic load of 18-24 patients. No ER call or hospital rounding. PA’s alternate “phone call” through the week. PA’s responsible for H&P’s, follow-up on surgical patients, PT referrals and prescribing medications.
Experienced and new grads with ortho rotations preferred.
Ability to work at a high level and pace
Good communication, organizational and time management skills
Current PA license, California
Current DEA#, NPI
Generous base salary, with health and dental benefits, education and training allowance, retirement plan and annual bonus. Please send CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org