Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
Have you heard about the Family Medicine Interest Group and wondered if you should join?
The FMIG is not a secret society. We have no initiation rites... nor do we require a commitment to a career in family medicine. We have active members who go into other specialties.
FMIG meetings and workshops provide rare opportunities for students of all class levels to:
- Provide information about and support student interest in Family Medicine as a specialty, and about areas of practice within Family Medicine.
- Provide opportunities for hands-on workshops, such as phlebotomy, suturing, Women's Health Procedures, Heart Sounds, and casting.
- Meet and share experiences in rural, local and international preceptorships.
- Discuss Family Medicine Residency Programs and future changes in health care systems.
- Attend exciting conferences, including the California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) Conference and the UC Davis Family Medicine Residency Network Education Conference.
- Enjoy informal contact with the family medicine faculty.
If you have any questions, please contact us at our office at 916-734-2062.