Giving to Family and Community Medicine
Family medicine providers are on the front line of the medical delivery system. Not only primary care providers the principal source of medical care for children and adults, they are also educators for people with chronic illness; managers for children with diabetes; supporters for individuals with depression and anxiety; gatekeepers for leaders of their care teams; and medical resources to communities—all this while serving an increasingly diverse patient population under progressively more complex systems of care.
To prepare medical residents for the demanding yet rewarding practice of family and community medicine, we invite individuals, corporations and foundations to invest in the next generation of family physicians. Your gift to the Department of Family and Community Medicine at UC Davis will:
- Provide residents with enhanced learning experiences that strengthen their knowledge and commitment to family and community medicine.
- Support resident-initiated community engagement projects that address urgent health care needs in our local community.
- Enable the Department to recruit and retain outstanding teaching and research faculty.
- Sustain the efforts of our research faculty as they evaluate the effectiveness of treatment approaches and systems of care.
- Endow fellowships to train the next generation of primary care researchers.
Your gift today will make a difference in the lives of our residents and the patients they serve, as well as. Contributions may be directed toward ongoing research, enhancing the clinical experiences of our residents, expanding information and resources for patients and families, as well as other priorities.
You can donate online now by following the link or by mail to:
UC Davis Medical Center
Health Sciences Development
4900 Broadway, Suite 1150
Sacramento, CA 95820
UC Davis Health System is recognized as a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service. Your gift to the UC Davis Department of Family and Community Medicine qualifies as a charitable deduction for federal tax purposes as permitted.