Writing a Successful Grant Proposal
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm (lunch provided)
MIND Institute, Room 1115
2825 50th Street, Sacramento
Presented by the UC Davis School of Medicine Grants Facilitation Team.
More details will be provided as they become available. Register online to reserve a seat.
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 the UC Davis School of Medicine Grants Facilitation Team held their eighth annual Grants Symposium.
The Grants Facilitation Team for the School of Medicine combined their multiple years of experience as researchers, authors, editors, manuscript reviewers, grantees, grant reviewers, NIH scientific review officer, NIH program officer, and patent holders to offer a one-day symposium on research grant writing.
The focus was primarily on NIH grant proposals, including strategies to deal with new policies, and covered the following topics:
- self-management and preparedness,
- developing essential skills and knowledge,
- choosing grant mechanisms and career awards,
- writing each component of an application for maximum impact,
- the review, scoring and funding process,
- understanding summary statements and formulation of strategy for submission
and resubmission following summary statements
- avoiding common mistakes in grant applications
The materials presented at this event can be accessed via the link below:
View workshop materials via UCDavis.Box.Com
UC Davis Resources
- Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC)
- Clinical Trials at UC Davis Health System
- Clinical Trials Resource Group Clinical Research Guidebook
- Office of Medical Research
- Research at UC Davis Health System
- UC Davis Office of Research
- F. William Blaisdell, M.D., Medical Library
- University Writing Program
- Egghead - Egghead is a research blog. It offers news stories, video, audio clips on major research-related topics from UC Davis. The name was inspired by Robert Arneson's Egghead sculptures on campus.
- Community Engagement Consultation Service