Mid-Career Leadership Program
The Mid-Career Leadership Program (MCLP) is a series of workshops designed to engage primarily Associate level faculty in learning core competencies necessary for effective department and/or section/division leadership. The didactic and colloquial sessions will provide practical examples and applications of the core competencies necessary to lead departments, divisions, centers and other combined clinical and academic enterprises at UC Davis Health System. Mid-career faculty are invited to attend all sessions, or only those of interest to them. A certificate of completion will be provided to all faculty who attend a minimum of 80 percent of the courses.
The courses we plan to offer for the MCLP for the coming year are listed below. We will add the date of each course next to the title, as soon as they are scheduled. Please note: This is a preliminary list of courses and the actual list may be slightly different.
- Personal Goal Setting for Career Development - September 26, 2013
- The Work of Leadership: Building Resilience (3-part course) - November 1, 8, and 15, 2013
- Saying Yes, No, Maybe: Challenges, Limits, and Uncertainty (2-part course) - December 3 and 12, 2013
- Leadership and the Prosocial Emotions (3-part course) - January 10, 17, and 24, 2014
- Leadership in an Age of Scarcity (3-part course) - February 7, 14, and 21, 2014
- The Building Blocks of Communication: From Small Talk to Big Decisions (2-part course) -
March 21 and April 4, 2014
- Strategies for Managing Conflict (3-part course) - April 25, May 2, and 9, 2014
- A Leadership Model for Faculty in Academic Medicine - April 28, 2014
- Understanding the Faculty Compliance Program - May 7, 2014
- Education Components: Residency and Fellowship Programs - May 16, 2014
- Legal Issues: Making Tough Disciplinary Decisions - May 21, 2014
- Organizational Culture and Leadership (3-part course) - June 13, 20, and 27, 2014