Mid-Career Leadership Program
The Mid-Career Leadership Program (MCLP) is a series of workshops designed to engage primarily Associate level faculty in learning core competencies necessary for effective department and/or section/division leadership. The didactic and colloquial sessions will provide practical examples and applications of the core competencies necessary to lead departments, divisions, centers and other combined clinical and academic enterprises at UC Davis Health System. Mid-career faculty are invited to attend all sessions, or only those of interest to them. A certificate of completion will be provided to all faculty who attend a minimum of 80 percent of the courses.
The courses we plan to offer for the MCLP for the coming year are listed below. We will add the date of each course next to the title, as soon as they are scheduled. Please note: This is a preliminary list of courses and the actual list may be slightly different.
- Personal Goal Setting for Career Development - September 23, 2014
- Leadership Styles (2-part course) - September 17 and 24, 2014
- Setting Priorities and Managing Time in a 24/7/365 Connected World! (2-part course) - October 17 and 24, 2014
- How to Recognize and Avoid Burnout - November 7, 2014
- "That's Not What I Meant!" Why communication is harder than we think it should be! (2-part course) - November 13 and 20, 2014
- Strategies for Managing Conflict (2-part course) - December 1 and 8, 2014
- Resilience (2-part course) - January 13 and 20, 2015
- Education Components: Residency and Fellowship Programs - February 5, 2015
- Getting Feedback Right! (2-part course) - February 13 and 20, 2015
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Might Be More Important Than IQ! (2-part course) - March 18 and 25, 2015
- A Leadership Model for Faculty in Academic Medicine - April 7, 2015
- Getting Delegation Right! (2-part course) - April 21 and 28, 2015
- Organizational Culture and Leadership: An Introduction (2-part course) - May 15 and 22, 2015
- Organizational Culture and Leadership: Advanced Topics (2-part course) - June 8 and15, 2015
- How to Build and Sustain a Successful Clinical Practice - Date to be determined.