Mid-Career Leadership Program
The Mid-Career Leadership Program (MCLP) is a series of workshops designed to engage primarily Associate level faculty in learning core competencies necessary for effective department and/or section/division leadership. The didactic and colloquial sessions will provide practical examples and applications of the core competencies necessary to lead departments, divisions, centers and other combined clinical and academic enterprises at UC Davis Health System. Mid-career faculty are invited to attend all sessions, or only those of interest to them. A certificate of completion will be provided to all faculty who attend a minimum of 80 percent of the courses.
The courses we plan to offer for the MCLP for the coming year are listed below. We will add the date of each course next to the title, as soon as they are scheduled. Please note: This is a preliminary list of courses and the actual list may be slightly different.
- Personal Goal Setting for Career Development for Associate Professors - September 10, 2015
- First Things First: Managing Time in a Time-Crunched World (2-part course) - September 18 and 25, 2015
- The Complex Reality of the Simple Act of Communicating (2-part course) - October 16 and 23, 2015
- Lessons from Tenerife: How the Mind Works Under Pressure (2-part course) - November 13 and 20, 2015
- Resilience and the Happiness Hypothesis (2-part course) - December 11 and 18, 2015
- The Visualization of Data: Telling a Story with Numbers (2-part course) - January 8 and 15, 2016
- Emotional Intelligence: Practical Tools to Develop More (2-part course) - January 26 and February 2, 2016
- Getting Better at Getting Feedback (2-part course) - February 26 and March 4, 2016
- Getting Better at Delegation (2-part course) - April 8 and 15, 2016
- Leadership Styles (2-part course) - May 13 and 20, 2016
- How to Recognize and Avoid Burnout - TBD
- Education Components: Residency and Fellowship Programs - TBD
- A Leadership Model for Faculty in Academic Medicine - TBD