Early Career Leadership Program
The Early Career Leadership Program (ECLP) is a highly interactive curriculum designed to engage primarily Assistant Professors (or other School of Medicine faculty new to UC Davis Health System) in learning core competencies necessary for effective career development and professional advancement. The ECLP concretely examines what is required both professionally and personally to advance in academic medicine. The signature style of the sessions is collaborative and collegial, allowing participants to interact and fully explore the various topics of discussion. Faculty are invited to attend all sessions, or only those of interest to them. A certificate of completion will be provided to all faculty who attend a minumum of 80 percent of the courses.
The courses we plan to offer for the ECLP for the coming year are listed below. We will add the date of each course next to the title, as soon as they are scheduled. Please note: This is a preliminary list of courses and the actual list may be slightly different.
- Personal Goal Setting for Career Development - Date to be determined.
- Leadership Styles (2-part course) - September 17 and 24, 2014
- Setting Priorities and Managing Time in a 24/7/365 Connected World! (2-part course) - October 17 and 24, 2014
- "That's Not What I Meant!" Why communication is harder than we think it should be! (2-part course) - November 13 and 20, 2014
- Strategies for Managing Conflict (2-part course) - December 1 and 8, 2014
- Resilience (2-part course) - January 13 and 20, 2015
- Getting Feedback Right! (2-part course) - February 13 and 20, 2015
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Might Be More Important Than IQ . . .! (2-part course) - March 18 and 25, 2015
- Getting Delegation Right! (2-part course) - April 21 and 28, 2015
- Organizational Culture and Leadership: An Introduction (2-part course) - May 15 and 22, 2015
- Organizational Culture and Leadership: Advanced Topics (2-part course) - June 8 and15, 2015
- Putting Together Your Academic Packet - Date to be determined.
- How to Give Feedback - Date to be determined.
- Getting Your Point Across: The Art and Science of Effective Presentations - Date to be determined.
- Scientific Writing for Publication - Date to be determined.
- Negotiation Skills - Date to be determined.
- Avoiding Burnout - Date to be determined
- How to Build and Sustain a Successful Clinical Practice - Date to be determined.