Thomas H Konia, M.D.
Thomas H Konia, M.D. received his bachelor degree in Biology from UC Irvine in 1991. He received his Doctor of Medicine in 1995, from the Chicago Medical School in Chicago, Illinois. After completing his internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City in 1995 he completed his residency training in Pathology at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu in 2000. He completed his fellowship in Surgical Pathology at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California in 2001, and Dermatopathology at Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology/SUNY Downstate in 2008.
Currently, Dr. Konia serves as a Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Pathology in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Dermatology.
Dr. Konia's clinical responsibilities include dermatopathology and surgical pathology.
Title: Clinical Professor
Clinical Interest: Dermatopathology, Surgical Pathology
Specialty: Dermatopathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Undergraduate Education: UC Irvine, Irvine, California, B.S. 1991
Medical Education: Chicago Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, M.D. 1995
Internships: University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 1995, Internal Medicine
Residency: University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 1996 Pathology
Fellowships: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 2000, Pathology
Board Certifications: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology 2000 and Dermatopathology 2008
Select Recent Publications:
- Fung MA, Sharon VR, Ratnarathorn M, Konia TH, Barr KL, Mirmirani P. Elastin staining patterns in primary cicatricial alopecia. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2013 Nov; 69(5): 776-82
- Sharon VR, Konia TH, Barr KL, Fung MA. Assessment of the 'no eosinophils' rule: are eosinophils truly absent in pityriasis lichenoides, connective tissue disease, and graft-vs.-host disease? Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 2012 Apr;39(4):413-8.
- Rodriquez, R, and T Konia. Coccidioidmycosis of the tongue. Archives of Pathology Laboratory Medicine, January, 129.
- Zwerdling, T, J Ducore, D Taylor, D West, and T Konia. Rhabdomyoblastic pulmonary lesions in a patient with Wilms tumor: Choristoma or metastasis? Pediatric Blood and Cancer, May 30, published online.
- Lakshminarayanan, R, and T Konia. Fibrous hamartoma of infancy: A case report with associated cytogenetic findings. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, April, 129(4):520-522.
- Ashton-Sager, A, and T Konia. Tracheal stenosis due to cytomegalovirus. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, September, 1050-51.