Welcome to the Health Disparities Research index, compiled by the Center for Reducing Health Disparities and Clinical and Translational Science Center. This site is intended to be a resource for researchers and community members investigating health disparities in the greater Sacramento region. The site provides a list of articles, publications, reports and websites that cover a vast range of topics and contain useful information about existing health disparities. If you have a publication on health disparities that you think should be added to the list, please contact:
Using the Resource List
Clicking on the categories will send you to an annotated list of related reports that includes the title of the report, a short summary of the report, and a link to the report itself. We hope that the data in these reports can assist researchers by establishing a baseline for health disparities that exist today, or by inspiring researchers to develop new hypotheses in areas where more health disparities research is needed. Check back often for additional reports as we will continue to add to our Resource List. Or if you have a report that you would like to share with the community, please contact us so we can include it in on our website.
- Methodologies for Measuring Health Disparities:: These reports discuss recommended methodologies for accurately measuring health disparities, as well as how to improve the collection and use of race, ethnicity, and language data. Problems with mapping disease trends based on demographic factors are also presented.
- Policy Recommendations to Reduce Health Disparities: Recommendations for policies that eliminate health disparities are outlined in these reports. The strategies are primarily aimed at federal and state government agencies; however, community factors are also discussed.
- National Data: This data set focuses on health disparities that exist at the national level. It also contains data to help establish a baseline from which to measure ethnic/racial health disparities.
- California Data: The California data contains general information about disease trends and incidence rates throughout the state. There are also doncuments that address how California, one of the most diverse states in the nation, can address existing health disparities.
- Sacramento Region Data: Reports focus on social indicators by zip code in Sacramento County as well as disparity data for several counties in the Sacramento region: Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Yuba, Sutter, Yolo, Solano, and San Joaquin Counties.
- Specific Disease Trends in Sacramento Region: Reports focus on asthma, TB, AIDS, SIDS, and fetal infant mortality in the Sacramento region.
- Racial/Ethnic Data: Reports within this subset deal with incident rates of specific diseases and point to potential reasons for health disparities that exist among different racial/ethnic groups.
- Immigrant Data: Health data focusing on immigrant populations.
- Cancer Disparities Research: These publications focus on specific examples of disparities found in cancer screening, cancer clinical trials, and cancer pain control.
- UC Davis Health Disparities Research: These documents are a collection of health disparities research conducted by authors associated with the University of California, Davis.