Liquid Chemical Sterilization - References
- Block, S. S. Peroxygen compounds. In: S.S. Block, ed., Disinfection, Sterilization, and Preservation, 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1991, pp. 167-181.
- Alfa, M.H., DeGagne, P., Olson, N., Puchalski, T. Comparison of plasma and 100% ethylene oxide sterilizers to the 12/88 ethylene oxide gas sterilizer. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 1996.
- Alfa, M.H., DeGagne, P., Olson, N., Hizon, R., Comparison of liquid chemical sterilization with peracetic acid and ethylene oxide sterilization for long narrow lumens. Am J Infect Control 1998, pp. 469-477.
- Whitbourne, J., Preston, M. Sterilization of reusable medical devices: Evaluation of a liquid chemical sterilization process using peracetic acid. Minimally Invasive Surgical Nursing 9:111-117, 1995.
- Hutchings, I. J., Xezones, H. Comparative evaluation of the bactericidal efficiency of peracetic acid, quaternaries and chlorine-containing compounds. In: Proceedings of the 49th annual meeting of the Society of American Bacteriology. Cincinnati, OH: American Society of Microbiology, 1949.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS #58779-1), STERIS 20 Sterilant Concentrate, STERIS Corporation, August 1994.
- Malchesky, P.S. Peracetic acid and its application to medical instrument sterilization. Artif Organs 17:147-152, 1993.
- The United States Pharmacopeia XXII, NF XVII, 1990 Microbiology tests/Sterility tests (71), pp. 1483-1488. The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc., Rockville, MD.
Anne Burke, R.N., B.S., has over 20 years of experience in the nursing profession and is a Clinical Services Specialist with STERIS Corporation.
Return to: Infection Control Home