ELNEC Online C.E. Courses
The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) is a national initiative to improve end-of-life care (EOL). The ELNEC core curriculum has been developed to provide end-of-life education to health-care providers, which translates into excellent care to patients and their families.
There are four course offerings available free of charge to UC Davis Health System employees: Core; Pediatric; Geriatric and Veterans (1-8 contact hours each).
Topics include in each curriculum:
- An introduction to palliative care.
- Learning pain assessment and management.
- Teaching symptom management in end-of-life care.
- Ethical and legal issues in end-of-life care.
- Cultural considerations at the end-of-life.
- Communication skills for end-of-life nursing care.
- Strategies for teaching loss, grief, and bereavement.
- Achieving quality care at the end-of-life.
To begin, go to hospiceonline.com and click Login. Enter your credentials below to begin.
Organization: UC Davis
Login name: first initial + last name
If you are unable to login or need assistance, please contact CPPN at firstname.lastname@example.org.