Pediatric Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies (CRRT) in the PICU
This course will prepare registered nurses to care for pediatric patients receiving CRRT.
The participant will be able to
- Define the different types of continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT).
- Identify two methods of anticoagulation in infants and children.
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of CRRT.
- Define the responsibilities for the dialysis and PICU nurses.
- Identify the major components of the dialysis machine.
- Demonstrate flowsheet documentation for CRRT.
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate fluid removal rate for patients on CRRT.
- Demonstrate alarm trouble-shooting and what to do in the event of a power outage.
- Demonstrate overall understanding of CRRT concepts, equipment, and documentation.
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 7.0 contact hours.
Attendees will not receive C.E. credit if they are more than 20 minutes late; no partial credit can be awarded.
Please select a class date above and complete the registration form. If using a credit card, submit the registration form and phone in your credit card number to (916) 734-9790. If paying by check, please print the registration form, attach your check made payable to UC Regents dated for the date of the class, and mail to:
Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
4900 Broadway, Suite 1630
Sacramento, CA 95820
Registrations are confirmed only if deposit or fee is provided with registration form.
UC Davis employees
$25 registration deposit. Registration deposit is returned upon completion of class. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive deposit refund.
$70 registration fee. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive a full refund. A $25 service fee will be charged after this date.
Persons with disabilities
Individuals needing special accommodations may call the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing at (916) 734-9790.
Parking is available in parking lots 4, 12 and 17 with a UC Davis parking permit. A daily permit is available for purchase for $6 from the kiosks in lots 14 (2nd Ave. & 45th St.) and 18 (49th St. & V St.).