Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Core Curriculum (Series)
|May 3||* May 13||May 31|
Post-operative pediatric arrhythmias
Course # 06379
This course discusses the pediatric patient who has cardiac arrhythmias. Topics include:
- Review of causes and treatment of bradycardia.
- Review of tachyarrhythmias including atrial flutter, SVT, JET, ventricular tachycardia.
- Treatment options for sustained pediatric arrhythmias.
- Acyanotic heart defects, repair and potential post-operative problems.
- Supportive post-operative therapy including Nitric Oxide and ECMO.
Congenital heart disease and post-operative care issues
Course # 06380
This course addresses the infant and child with congenital heart disease who needs surgery. Topics include:
- Etiology of congenital heart defects.
- Concepts of temporary and permanent cardiac pacing in the child.
- Repair of cyanotic defects and potential complications.
Supportive therapy for children with complex congenital heart surgeries
Course # 06381
This course addresses the child with complex congenital heart surgeries. Topics include:
- Functional single ventricle, palliative surgeries, and post-operative problems.
- Effects of cardiopulmonary bypass, deep hypothermia & circulatory arrest.
- Transistion from OR to PICU
- Discharge teaching after cardiac surgery.
- Review of post-op complications via case studies.
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 6.75 contact hours each day.
UC Davis Medical Center is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Attendees will not receive C.E. credit if they are more than 20 minutes late; no partial credit can be awarded.
Please select a class date above and complete the registration form. If using a credit card, submit the registration form and phone in your credit card number to (916) 734-9790. If paying by check, please print the registration form, attach your check made payable to UC Regents dated for the date of the class, and mail to:
Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
4900 Broadway, Suite 1630
Sacramento, CA 95820
Registrations are confirmed only if deposit or fee is provided with registration form.
UC Davis employees
$25 registration deposit each day. Registration deposit is returned upon completion of class. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive deposit refund.
$101 registration fee per day. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive a full refund. A $25 service fee will be charged after this date.
Persons with disabilities
Individuals needing special accommodations may call the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing at (916) 734-9790.
Courtyard by Marriott Hotel: Staff should park in their normal parking area or in lot 12 across the street from the hotel with a UC Davis parking permit. Free parking is also available at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel.
University Surgery Center: Parking is available in parking lots 4, 12 and 17 with a UC Davis parking permit. A daily permit is available for purchase for $6 from the kiosks in lots 14 (2nd Ave. & 45th St.) and 18 (49th St. & V St.).
Elizabeth Radsliff, M.S.N., P.N.P.-BC
Pediatric Nurse Educator