Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN)
The Mobile Intensive Care Nurse course is designed to prepare registered nurses for authorization as MICN’s. This course is only for nurses employed by the following Sacramento County base hospital emergency departments:
- Kaiser South
- Mercy San Juan
- Sutter General
- UC Davis Medical Center
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to
- Describe the function of the MICN
- Identify the prehospital management of patients in various medical and trauma emergencies.
- Describe the skills and drugs that can be used in the prehospital setting.
- Simulate communication between field and base hospital personnel.
- California RN license.
- AHA ACLS course completion.
- Six months of experience at an EMS base hospital emergency department.
For registration information, please contact Paula Green at (916) 734-5323.