Cool Jewels! Neonatal Pearls
7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Facilities Support Services Building (FSSB), Room 2030
Course # 08306
Class dates in red are full.
Cool Jewels! Neonatal Pearls is a class for those who care for newborn infants providing a comprehensive overview of hot topics in neonatal critical care. The focus is on current changes and innovations, specifically on:
- Detecting Critical Congenital Heart Disease
- Understanding microbiology, utilizing antibiotic stewardship, and determining treatment regimens
- Whole Body Cooling for Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Evaluation and interpretation of radiographs
- Management, treatment and care of complex surgical gastrointestinal conditions to include abdominal wall defects, omphalocele, and gastroschisis
- Actualizing the Institute of Medicine’s goals in the advancement of nursing through development and implementation of integrative team methods
C.E. contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 26, for 8.12 contact hours.
The University of California, Davis Medical Center is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Attendees will not receive C.E. credit if they are more than 20 minutes late; no partial credit can be awarded.
Please select a class date above and complete the registration form. If using a credit card, submit the registration form and phone in your credit card number to (916) 734-9790. If paying by check, please print the registration form, attach your check made payable to UC Regents dated for the date of the class, and mail to:
Center for Professional Practice of Nursing
4900 Broadway, Suite 1630
Sacramento, CA 95820
Registrations are confirmed only if deposit or fee is provided with registration form.
UC Davis employees
$25 registration deposit. Registration deposit is returned upon completion of class. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive deposit refund.
$120 registration fee. Cancellation must be requested five days prior to class date to receive a full refund. A $25 service fee will be charged after this date.
Persons with disabilities
Individuals needing special accommodations may call the Center for Professional Practice of Nursing at (916) 734-9790.
Parking is available in parking lots 14 and 17 on 2nd avenue or lot 25 on 50th Street adjacent to the MIND Institute. Park with a UC Davis parking permit, or purchase a daily permit for $6 in lot 14 or 25.
Diana Pearson, R.N., M.S.N., C.C.R.N.