The University of California recently (June, 2005) adopted standards of ethical conduct, which contains 12 standards that apply to all at the university. As health care has specific rules and concerns, the health system has a code of conduct that supplements the UC code.
The UC Davis Health System Code of Conduct is made up of 14 standards, each of which addresses an area that is known to be at risk for compliance violations. Each standard gives you information on appropriate conduct to follow and suggestions for handling problems that could arise. Some standards will fully cover a topic. Other topics are too complex to be fully covered by the standard, in which case you should obtain further information as needed.
- Does the code of conduct apply to me?
- What are my responsibilities?
- What if I have a question or concern?
- How do I use the hotline?
- Code of conduct standards
- Code of conduct principles