Research at UC Davis Health
UC Davis Health nurses use research to provide evidence-based care that promotes quality outcomes for individuals, families, and our community. Nurses also use research to shape health policy in direct care, within the organization, and at the local, state and federal levels. Nurses conduct research, use research in practice, and teach about research.
If you are interested in learning about research at UC Davis, there are many resources:
- Davis campus research information
- Office of Research resources
- Sacramento campus research information
- Center for Nursing Science consultation
If you are interested in performing research, consider the following:
- What steps do I need to go through so that I can do research?
- Research performed at UC Davis Health
- Research off site
- This depends on a number of factors. Discuss with your faculty advisor if you are a student. If you are not a student and are employed at UC Davis Health, please consult with the Center for Nursing Science.
- Does my project require IRB approval?
- How to submit the IRB
- Required CITI education
- What do I need to submit?
- To whom do I submit required forms?
Submit to Center for Nursing Science (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review and signature. It will then be forwarded to Chief Nursing and Patient Care Services Officer, Toby Marsh. You will be notified of completion for pick up. You will then submit to the IRB per their direction.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office for Human Research Protections
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office - Regulations
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Office - Guidance