# 1 - Monday 1:15pm - Scan Lab: Cerebrovascular
# 9 - Tuesday 1:15pm - Scan Lab: Extremities
The symposium, established in 1987 by Dr. D. Eugene Strandnesss, the “Father of the Vascular Laboratory,” provides an educational opportunity for physicians, sonographers, nurses and other health care professionals to increase their knowledge about vascular diagnostic ultrasound and its role in the care of patients with arterial and venous disease. The Strandness Symposium is combined in 2015 with the Vascular Care meeting, where professionals learn about and discuss best practices and emerging trends. The joint program includes the Vascular Forum (where students, residents, and fellows to present), workshops that include ultrasound imaging demonstrations and hands on activities, and a vascular laboratory interpretation session.
• Two established, popular continuing medical education programs offered together engaging a variety of learner groups, with special emphasis on international outreach and inter-professional engagement
• Unparalleled opportunity for multi-disciplinary and inter-professional learning
• Hands-on simulation modules to enhance the learner outcomes
• Core program themes will be presented in parallel sessions including:
* The Strandness Symposium focusing on the vascular laboratory, vascular diagnostics and integration of physicians, vascular technologists,
nurses and others in the care of the patient with vascular disease
* Vascular Care will continue to emphasize a multi-disciplinary approach
The University of California, Davis, Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of California, Davis, Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 37.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
UC Davis Health System, CME, 4610 X Street #3301, Sacramento, CA 95817
(916) 734-5390 - (866) CME4EDU (263-4338) toll free
We will update this conference webpage as more information becomes available.