Integrative Health for Pain Relief
April 3-6, 2014
Makena Beach & Golf Resort
• Describe the theory and practice of mindfulness-based stress reduction, emotional freedom technique (“tapping”), Ayurvedic medicine, and acupuncture in the treatment of chronic pain
• Describe nonpharmacological strategies for treating pain
• Describe the application of bilateral brain stimulation techniques to relieve stress and pain
• Discuss the effect of stress on health and the perception of pain
• Discuss the genetics of pain, analgesia, and addiction
• Discuss how foods and dietary supplements influence inflammation and pain
• Discuss the role of physical therapy in the treatment of chronic pain
• Discuss business models for increased revenue in integrative health practices
The University of California, Davis Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit: The University of California, Davis Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 29 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Beng Salud, UC Davis Health System, Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine 4150 V Street, Suite 1200, Sacramento, CA 95817, (916) 734-1574, (916) 734-2975 fax.