Industry partners and projects
The mission of the Center for Health and Technology (CHT) Industry Partners Program is to improve patient access to care and enhance medical outcomes by developing innovative telehealth projects and technologies in collaboration with private industry. Combining public and private expertise and resources allows private industry to gain a better understanding of complex healthcare delivery systems and design new technologies that take into account organizational and human factors.
In turn, such partnerships allow the CHT to pursue research initiatives intended to eliminate the barriers that currently exist to the widespread adoption of telehealth technologies. The goal of the program is to enhance the quality, reliability and cost effectiveness of using telehealth in both rural and urban settings within the United States and around the world. The program will also help the CHT achieve its other research objectives of improving access and quality of broadband connectivity, developing new applications and devices, and research into emerging technologies such as wireless communications.
Industry partners program goals
- Form sustained partnerships with leaders in the information technology industry
- Involve industry in development of research objectives
- Develop technologies that meet the needs of healthcare providers and patients
- Foster collaborative research environment
- Evaluate and document health benefits of new technologies
- Commercialize new technologies that improve access to and quality of health services
Industry partner benefits
- Deep knowledge of complexities within healthcare delivery systems
- Exposure to issues and concerns of practicing health care providers
- Early involvement in prioritizing research objectives and designing research methodology
- Participate in establishing the standards for information technology in healthcare
- Cost sharing of public/private funds
- Access to research expertise in evaluating effectiveness of new technologies in clinical environments
For information on the Center for Health and Technology's Industry Partners Program, please telephone our office at (916) 734-5675.