CHPR Staff Bios
Meghan Weyrich, M.P.H.
Health Policy Analyst (Supervisor)
Meghan Weyrich joined CHPR as a health policy analyst in January 2011, and works closely with principal investigators on health policy analyses and systematic evidence reviews. Under a sub-contract with the Kaiser Permanente Research Affiliates Evidence-based Practice Center, Meghan conducts and manages systematic evidence reviews for the Agency on Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) that are used by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force to update their clinical preventive service recommendations in primary care. Meghan also serves on the UC Davis team for the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP), and provides medical effectiveness and public health impact analyses of health insurance legislation for the California State Legislature. She has co-authored the medical effectiveness or public health impact sections of more than 20 CHBRP reports on topics such as contraceptives, digital breast tomosynthesis, and abuse-deterrent opioids.
- Systematic evidence reviews
- Policy analysis
- Project management
- Report and grant writing
- Preventative services
- Women's health
- Healthcare access
Meghan received her MPH in social & behavioral sciences from the Boston University, School of Public Health
1. Melnikow, J, Fenton JJ, Whitlock EP, Miglioretti DL, Weyrich MS, et al. Supplemental Screening for Breast Cancer in Women with Dense Breasts: A Systematic Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164(4):268-78.
2. Melnikow J, Fenton JJ, Miglioretti D, Weyrich MS. Screening for Breast Cancer with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis. Evidence Synthesis No. 125. AHRQ Publication No. 14-05201-EF-2. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2016
3. California Health Benefits Review Program. Analysis of California Assembly Bill (AB) 447 Continuous Glucose Monitors. A Report to the 2017-2018 California State Legislature, April 12, 2017
4. California Health Benefits Review Program. Analysis of California Senate Bill (SB) 999 Contraceptives Annual Supply. A Report to the 2015-2016 California State Legislature, March 28, 2016
5. California Health Benefits Review Program. Analysis of California Assembly Bill (AB) 2764 Mammography. A Report to the 2015-2016 California State Legislature, May 6, 2016