The Mission of CHPR is to facilitate research, promote education, and inform policy about health and healthcare.
The Goals of this Mission are to improve the health of the public by contributing new knowledge about:
Current emphases include disparities, clinician-patient interaction, utilization, cost-effectiveness and quality.
CHPR is an interdisciplinary, collaborative research unit that performs the following:
- Development and support of interdisciplinary collaboration on research projects related to the Mission
- Education and career development for scholars with interests in health services and health policy research
- Synthesis, interpretation, and dissemination of research findings that assist health policy formation and improve health services delivery.
The Center for Healthcare Policy and Research accomplishes its mission to facilitate research, promote education, and inform policy about health and healthcare through interdisciplinary, collaborative research and training with researchers representing a broad spectrum of disciplines from the UC Davis Sacramento and Davis Campuses, and other public and private organizations.
CHPR supports innovative research and education in areas such as comparative effectiveness, disparities, and cost and quality of care, with an emphasis on health policy that enriches the UC Davis community as well as local, state, federal, and international policy arenas.
CHPR has three main objectives:
- Develop and support interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects related to our Mission;
- Support education and career development for scholars with interest in health services and health policy research, and
- Engage in the synthesis, interpretation, and dissemination of research findings that assist healthcare policy formulation and improve health services delivery. For nearly two decades, CHPR has provided administrative resources and technical expertise crucial to executing this kind of focused, collaborative research.