Cleft and Craniofacial Reconstruction – Support services
Because we believe that coordinated care leads to the best results, we use a multidisciplinary team approach to provide comprehensive services that can improve speech, voice and swallowing capabilities. Our program encompasses:
- Cleft lip, cleft palate and craniofacial evaluation
- Advanced surgical services (facial plastic, craniofacial and maxillofacial surgery)
- Feeding/nutritional assessment and airway management
- Hearing evaluation
- Prenatal genetic counseling (including ultrasound testing)
- Psychological evaluation and management
- Speech evaluation and special speech studies for cleft-related problems
We can coordinate social services, case management for patients with multiple medical problems and parental assistance with California Children's Services (CCS) applications. We also offer interpreting services and referral to parental support groups.
Insurance and billing
Whenever possible, we will assign an interpreter to assist you over the telephone, during the screening appointment, and at any follow-up appointments for testing and treatment.
Learn more about cleft and craniofacial problems: