Contract and Grant Support
The mission of the Contract and Grants office at the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center is to provide pre-award grant writing and grant submission support to cancer center members. These projects should be cancer focused. We highly encourage team science projects, and projects that are intra-programmatic and with that multiple principal investigators.
Our focus is to assist cancer researchers in areas such as:
- Individual, collaborative and multi-PI grant preparation and development, editing, and review.
- Development and preparation of grant budgets.
- Navigating the online grant submission process and coordinating submission with Sponsored Research.
- Grant applications to all federal, state, and private agencies for any mechanism.
- Reviews of summary statements and guidance for grant resubmissions.
- Identifying funding opportunities, investigator outreach and program announcement interpretation.
To better assist you, we recommend requesting assistance at least 2 weeks’ prior to the submission deadline for grant editing; four weeks’ before the deadline for grant development and review; and six weeks’ before the deadline for a comprehensive grant application including grant and budget development and submission to Sponsored Research. Projects will be on a first come, first served basis. The Cancer Center will not handle grants post award. Post award management is supported by your home department.
To request help please fill out form
The cancer center offers contract and grant support to cancer center members only. If you want to be a member, please click here.