All categories of members are provided regular information, primarily through e-mail and this web site, about center research events, symposia, educational efforts, funding opportunities, and outreach efforts and other activities in furtherance of the Cancer Center mission.
Members and associate members, in addition, are entitled to:
- Subsidized and priority access to Cancer Center shared resources
- Apply for intramural funds provided by the center, notably, Institutional Research Grants (with additional eligibility requirements) and Developmental Awards
- Apply on an ad hoc basis for use of philanthropic funds
- Administrative support for the execution of major, collaborative funding proposals such as P01 and U01 proposals, T32 training grants, or SPORES; these proposals are characterized by substantial, transdisciplinary participation of researchers
- Apply for start-up packages, bridge funding, or CCSG-supported leadership positions
- Priority use of cancer center meeting facilities
- Biostatistical support for proposal development
- Support for the design, implementation, and accrual to cancer clinical trials
Doctoral members may attend all center-sponsored scientific meetings at no charge.