News and Events
The Biorepositories Core Resource website will list upcoming News and Events related to biobanking practices. It will contain news that directly relates to the collection, disbursal or use of human biospecimens. In addition, any events that may be related to the field of biobanking will be provided:
- On 1/31/2018, ISBER released the fourth edition of their Best Practices: Recommendations for Repositories guidelines. You can obtain a copy of the guidelines by hovering over "Best Practices" in the header and selecting "ISBER Guidelines".
- The work of the BCR team was recently featured in the newsletter published by the UC Davis Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) for their work across various clinical and research domains. Read more about their ongoing projects in the CTSC Newsletter.
- 2016 Updates to NCI Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources now available — The PDF can be downloaded from the "Best Practices" menu in the header. Information about what's new can be found in the ISBER newsletter.
- 2015 Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) — In September, the Department of Health and Human Services released a long-awaited Notice of Proposed Rule-Making (NPRM) to update the Common Rule. The changes throughout the document stem from one fundamental proposal: The NPRM suggests that we expand our definition of a human subject in research to include the study of human biological samples.
Overview of the NPRM proposed changes »
- International Society of Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER) 2018 annual meeting will be held in Dallas, TX on May 8-11, 2018.