Family and Community Medicine Open Positions
Assistant/Associate Professor, Regular/In Residence (Researcher/Associate Director CHPR)
The University of California Davis, Center for Healthcare Policy and Research (CHPR) invites applications for a faculty position at the Assistant or Associate level. The position requires a strong interest and research track record in one or more of the following focus areas: Health Economics, Comparative Effectiveness, Health Services Research, Social Determinants of Health and Disease or the Patient-Centered-Medical Home. This is a tenure track position in the appropriate department with concomitant appointment as Associate Director of the Center for Healthcare Policy and Research. An M.D. or doctoral degree (e.g. PhD or DrPH) in a relevant field with a track record in research is required.
Among other responsibilities, the faculty member hired for this position will:
• Conduct and publish original research in collaboration with colleagues in Center for Healthcare Policy and Research and relevant departments such as Economics, Public Health Sciences, Family and Community Medicine, Internal Medicine, and others.
• Provide intellectual and administrative leadership and promote the efforts and capabilities of the center for Healthcare Policy and Research.
• Undertake and facilitate interdisciplinary research and outreach programs.
• Maintain a leadership role in identifying and obtaining extramural funding sources and fostering the development of CHPR research with preparation and submission of grant/contract proposals. Play a leading role in outreach to relevant foundation, federal, and state funding agencies.
• Develop and teach courses for undergraduate, graduate or medical students and mentor junior faculty and fellows in areas relevant to health services subject matter expertise.
Collaborate with other campus research units such as the Family and Community Medicine, Public Health Sciences, Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) and Center for Reducing Health Disparities (CRHD).
• Have the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment
• Be able to adhere to policies and procedures; leadership experience and abilities.
Requirements for the position include a PhD, or an M.D. Degree or equivalent with an additional M.P.H. Candidates will have teaching and supervision experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate prior publication of original research in journals relevant to Health Economics, Comparative Effectiveness, Public Health, Social Determinants of Health and Disease or other health services research. Prior history of or current grant funding, demonstrated leadership abilities and teaching experiences are highly desired. For M.D. candidates, recent clinical practice experience, including outpatient clinic and inpatient ward service with Family Medicine residency training and board certification is preferred. Additional requirements include teaching experience with medical students and/or residents.
The Center for Healthcare Policy and Research (CHPR) facilitates research activities in the areas of health policy, healthcare delivery, quality, and comparative effectiveness. The mission of the Center is to facilitate research, promote education and inform policy about health and healthcare.
For full consideration, applications must be received by October 1, 2012. However, the position will remain open until filled through December 31, 2013.
Please send a letter of interest, CV and copies of selected publications to:
Please reference Search #: FM-06R-13 on all correspondence
Management Service Office
The Center for Healthcare Policy and Research
2103 Stockton Blvd. Ste. 2224
Sacramento, CA 95817
Or submit electronically to:
The University of California, Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff and students. This position will remain open until filled.